Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Another Note on Privacy...

So, I hate to say it, but it has happened again. Once more, my privacy has been wonderfully disregarded, despite my feelings having been made clear a few days ago. I come home, to find some things on my side of the room 'tidied' up, or rearranged. And some of it is just a cluttered mess on the dresser. I am unsure if they feel I'm too stupid to notice, but I'm not. I always notice when my things are rearranged, no matter how minuscule.

To some people, this is 'no big deal'. But I feel differently. This is a small symptom of a larger problem. That larger problem being a lack of respect towards me and my personal property. My things are not any one else's to touch, unless I give permission. I do not cross this boundary with others, and would very much appreciate if this liberty was not taken with me. Then there is the concept of personal space, as in, I do not seem to have it. It seems as if by the time I am ready to let go and try to just...go with the flow, if you will, something occurs that reaffirms to me all the reasons why I should not.

I cannot trust that my things will not be violated again, and this is a most disconcerting notion, as I've never had to worry about this before. I cannot simply lock the door, as I was once able to, for I share the room with someone else. It seems to me, that people are trying to push me into having only my own mind as my personal space, and I feel even that is being invaded every time I think about the goings on in my environment.

I do not think I can stress this enough:

If I care enough to respect your personal space, why can you not respect mine?


I don't feel as if I'm asking for very much. I just want the one corner that I'm supposed to have. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. However, I must come to the conclusion that my thoughts and opinions will be ignored as they have been before, and will apparently continue to be. It doesn't matter how polite I am, or how diplomatic I am, my feelings are continuously disregarded.

I'm getting so very sick of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment